Located in the heart of Port Douglas yet tucked away from the excitement and buzz, Little Cove has many appealing qualities as a ceremony location for your Wedding In Port Douglas…. Little Cove Application Form
- Stunning northerly outlook, keeping it protected from prevailing south easterly breezes
- Easy walking distance for photo opportunities and reception venues, e.g. Sugar Wharf, Salsa Bar and Grill, Harrisons, The Court House Hotel and the main st of Port Douglas.
- Easy access for your wedding car ( you won’t have to hike for miles in your stunning yet slightly uncomfortable shoes)
- Easy access for Gran and Gramps.
- Attached to the majestic Rex Smeal Park, with a playground, toilets and a huge amount of space for little ones to roam ( should the confines of your ceremony not suit their personality ; ) You could easily hire a a baby sitter for the ceremony to keep the tots amused in the playground.
- Photographically beautiful, no one would argue that point. It also doesn’t require elaborate decorations to enhance the space. The Cove and its outlook are stunning just the way they are.
- Little Cove has a pebbly beach directly in front of it, making it feel like a beach wedding without the ‘issues’ of sand. At high tide the beach is minimal but the grassy area is high and dry.
- Cost effective, at the time of writing the 2 hire of Little Cove was around $70. It can be booked weekdays til 4pm through the local council on 0740999444
- As it booked out in 2 hour allotments, council won’t permit extravagant marquees or decorations (but like I mentioned, you don’t need it )
- Council also suggest a maximum of 12 seats can be brought in – talk to our hire and theming people about the latest on this.
- They also won’t permit loud music – iPods and acoustic musicians seem to be ok but you’ll need to tell Dave Grohl it’s after party only!
- It’s lush and tropical in North Qld because we have rain…. especially in the summer months. Talk to us about a backup wet weather plan.
ceremony setup and photo above by PDWH
Little Cove is easy to find – head up Wharf street and turn left just after the Police station, which will take you down to Rex Smeal Park. Little cove is the area on your right off to one side of the main park. See the map below (courtesy of Tourism Port Douglas).