We can help you put together a beautiful tropical wedding in record time..
Here’s a few suggestions:
(1) The law only requires 30 days notice – Win! Download the notice of intention to marry here >>NOIM. All too hard? Your celebrant can take the reigns, here’s our wonderful Port Douglas Celebrants.
(2) Don’t start with a specific date, allow a little flexibility so we can put together your supplier team. Don’t worry that there is not much time, just because it’s your first time planning, it’s not ours 😉 We assist brides daily and can help get you up and running in no time at all. If you’re looking to book a public space, i.e. Sugar Wharf, Little Cove, Four mile Beach, Rex Smeal Park contact the Douglas Shire Council to secure a date… Call council on 07 40999444
(3) Avoid QLD school holidays to get better accommodation availability, though there is usually still something available…. Click here for dates
(4) Let go of Saturdays. Weekday weddings are easy when you are on holidays. PLUS better rates often apply for weekdays. If you need a weekend, try a Sunday or Friday. But who doesn’t need a mental health week in paradise eh?
(5) “But the venue I had in mind is booked” See #4. Never fear, Port Douglas and the surrounding region is full of beautiful wedding venues. From private luxury houses to modern spacious resorts, rainforests hideaways to halls and pubs. Port Douglas is the hub of tropical weddings. There is something that will suit your needs and budget.
(6) “But I’m worried I haven’t given my family friends enough notice” Don’t. It’s Port Douglas, not middle earth. Cairns is a three and half hour flight from Melbourne, a bit less to Sydney and Adelaide and about 5 hours from Perth ( or 2 movies and
four five G and T’s) From April to December our glorious weather is worth the flight anyway. If you haven’t already, sign up to the major domestic airlines or follow their social media accounts to nab a bargain…. As of today one of the major airlines was doing $99 Melbourne or Sydney to Cairns.
(7) Your great Aunt twice removed might not make it due to short notice… A bad thing?
(8) Pinterest can be your worst and best friend. Try and write down a few ideas, colours, flowers you love before you log on. It’s amazing how quickly mushy pea brain (procrastination) sets in after a few days on planet Pinterest. #staytruetoyou
(9) As locals of 15 years in Port Douglas we find that there is some lovely weather in the ‘quiet’ months. For example November is often spectacular and not as busy as the winter time.
(10) Wedding Planners can take all of this on with little stress to you. Please get in touch so we can connect you with our favourite planners.
For more email info@port douglas weddinglounge.com.au
Are you feeling the love yet? No? click here
Team Lounge xx